9 April 2010

March/April holiday experience

I have been home 3 days now. I went to Alanya March 30th and came back April 7th. I loved every minute, it was amazing. I travelled on my own this time which was very different. Being 17 I have never travelled alone. I found my way through the airport easily, which I suprised at as normally my mum does everything for me.

When I arrived at the airport Ozkan was standing at the entrace waiting for me with a big cheesy grin on his face. He had been waiting a long time as he arrived at the airport early. Seeing him for the first time after a long time is the best feeling ever. I never feel so much excitment and nerves like that.

The week went very fast. I spent most of my days relaxing and going to the beach. Ozkan was working more this time but he still had plenty of time off in the day where we could do something different. This time we went on a boat trip. Unfortunately, Ozkan suffers from sea sickness, ooppss. He wasen't too bad, I think he might of even enjoyed it a little ;) .....

We spent other days walking in Alanya, looking in the shops where I got a really nice grey bag. We also went to 'James Dean' nightclub 2 times like we always do. It's beginning to get really busy now as its the start of the season again.

Two days before I came home, I met Ozkans dad and brother. They were very nice and it was lovely to finally meet them, even though they didn't speak any English and my Turkish is limited to (hello, how are you? yes? no?)

On my last day we walked in the centre of Alanya, the weather was beautiful . We then travelled in the car a short distance just outside of Alanya to a gorgeous restaurant. You can see from the pictures how good it looked. We all had fish as the main course and I have to say it was the best fish i have ever had in my life! I was so full I didnt need anything else to eat all day.


At 10:40pm, I said my goodbyes to the lads and some of the people I had met. Me, Ozkan and his brother travelled to the airport which takes about 1 hour 30 minutes. Ozkan was so tired and had to swap over driving with his brother. We chatted in the car about small things. He said if he had his own restaurant one day he would call it 'Princess Olivia Hotel'..... I suggested 'Perfect Princess Olivia Hotel'??? haha

Of course when I left him I was sad. But this time it was so different than the others. I felt happy and positive because I knew it was not long until I would be back again. We had such a nice time that this overshadowed leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment