8 June 2012

2/6/12 - GOING TO AMERICA

So i'm here, i've finally made it! Well nearly, i'm on my first plane of the day (Delta KL6087) to Detroit. I'm loving the free drinks and food, unlike when I normally fly with Thomas Cook. I've had pasta and salad for my main meal, with crakers, a bread roll, cheese, and i've had a glass of white wine and cola to drink. I've been kept busy by watching the film movies.
I set off yesterday at 4pm with Mum, Dad and Paige to catch my 4:35pm coach from outside the Dolphin Centre. It's only really hit me in the past 4 days after coming home from Turkey that I was actually going to America. I don't think I had properly thought it through until then. I've been busy with working two jobs and trying to get enough money together for both Turkey and my American adventure. I had an absolutely amazing time in Turkey and am so sad to be away from their once again. If all goes to plan I should be there around the middle/end of September for a few weeks.
Some pictures I took on my holiday....
Melani - Turkish
Crazy Bull disco
 These past 4 days on returning have been quite stressful to say the least. Getting everything packed, washing/ironing done, last minute bits of shopping and seeing family. But is was all worth it to be going away. At the moment I feel very nervous, i'm wondering what the camp is going to be like (how basic), what the people are going to be like (how welcoming). Buts what's getting me more stressed out above anything is not knowing how much contact i'm going to have with my friends/famiy and loved ones. In an ideal world I would like to be able to call and be on the internet regularly, however somehow I don't think that's going to be the case.
I have been travelling for approximately 24 hours and still have another plane to catch after this one, visa control, and travel to my camp (Camp Birch Trails) which is in Wisconsin. When I meet up with my Camp in Wausau airport they will be taking me to the camp. By this time I will have been travelling for approximately 2 days and i'm going to have to apprear happy, upbeat and enthusiastic for the summer ahead - challenging!
Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment