8 June 2012

3/6/12

After what feels like forever, i'm at camp - months of interviews, a recruitment fair, travelling down to London for my Visa, orientation in Manchester etc....
After my Detroit flight I had to wait in the airport for a couple of hours and then got a flight to Wasau. I have never been on such a small plane in my life.

Detroit airport
Walking to my terminal
I met two girls going to Camp Birch Trails in the airprt (Laura and Sarah) and this deffinately helped to calm my nerves.
When I arrived at camp I was exhausted and has a banging head-ache. We were picked up by a woman who works at camp and is from England. At camp she informed us that noone is called by their real name! They have camp names, and hers is Spots - hehehehe. I wonder what i'm going to get called for the next 3 months.
The camp is lovely - basic but beautiful. It's everything I thought it would be with the cabins, a lake and all the over excited Americans, it reminds me of 'Parent Trap'.
The Lodge that we stayed in the first night was lovely. Very big and clean, it's got toilets, showers etc. The girls i'm staying with at the moment are all lovely and all from England aswell.

Today we woke up at around 7:30 am but I must have been awake about 1 hour prior to this. When we woke up we walked around camp to see what we could find - in our pjammas. We went in the dinning hall and got breakfast and had baguels with spreadable cheese.

 Later that day we went to Walmart and got a few bits that we needed. I also text my Mum to say I arrived safe and got enough signal to call Ozkan - which made my day. I had been so worried in the morning because I don't have signal in camp and for some reason my facebook wasen't working when I tried to sign in on someone elses phone. So after Walmart I felt so much better. Then we went to Subway and I got a footlong! I was so hungry and I ate the whole thing. When we got back we sat on the grass in the sun and ate our Subway. Then we went down to the water front and sat on the sand and sunbathed for a while.

Tea was at 6pm and the oher staff were also there. The American girls are so loud and they sing and laugh constantly. All of the English girls were sat on one table and it was so funny because we were all so quiet in comparison.
Now were all sat in our Cabin that we will be staying in for one week. It's so small and basic, deffinately not like the lodge we were in our first night.
Now i'm going to relax for a little loner and then go to sleep.
Lifeguard training in the LAKE tomorrow! Better get to bed as i'm deffinately going to need my energy for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment